Time for some show & tell on my recent Salvation Army Thrift Whore scores…this yummy yellow objet, $3:
My client scored this ho-hum wood dresser off Craigslist, that we’re using as an entryway console, a few weeks ago for $35, or some such value fabulousness:
Then I got my hands on it:
So that means hitting the streets and nabbing y’all-selves some hawtness, like these gals I saw chillin’ out on my block:
These two are just begging to be
style-slapped with some Hollywood Regency realness…imagine the dresser dolled up like this:
Um, btw, y’all can actually BUY that green console here for $125! Get IT BETCH!
And that side table lookin’ like this?:
Which sad panda isn’t for sale any longer, but Etsy has lots more Hollywood Regency regalia here, just fyi.
But these Ladies could be Gorg RIGHT?!?! Absolutely!
They’d both need some paint TLC, glass for table & minor repair work & knobs/pulls on the dresser, but I’m guessing y’all could get all that glam for $100 or less…for BOTH pieces!
SO- go out & grab some Free Shiot y’all!!! Happy Friday!
Here’s what happens when your client LOVES gold, wants a glamorously chic living room, has very little $$$ for decorating…and NO artwork:
* We started with this inspiration…designed by Kelly Wearstler, not sure who shot this, sorry, but think it ran originally in Metropolitan Home magazine:
WHAT?!?!?!? Yeah…kinda obsessed. How did THIS go down? Like this:
* Paint the wall(s) gold. We used Modern Masters Metallic Paint in gold. A little goes a looooong way…:
* Use painters tape in various widths and tape lines on wall(s). I also layered tape to make custom widths. I had no template here and just went with it. Some lines were one continuous line on both walls. Some lines were shorter. Some lines were straight. Some were crooked. Trippy, right? Some lines even CROSSED OVER OTHER LINES…whoa.
One time, I even extended the tape across the door to create a continuous line on both sides of door:
Mind BLOWN, right?! Here’s what I ended up with:
* Next, paint the walls white. Let Dry.
* Carefully begin to remove tape. Pace yourselves here, y’all. Sometimes painters tape can yank off surrounding paint, so I like to pull slowly, at an angle. Also, if y’all did what I did and layered tape atop itself and created your own widths, etc., you’ll want to go slow anyway. You may also discover paint drips or leaks, if your tape edges weren’t pressed firmly enough, but those can be touched up afterwards.
So y’all end up getting this GOLD HAWTNESS:
DYING! There’s still lots more to do in this room, but am beyond STYLE-SLAPPED on how great this diy paint treatment turned out! And this project cost less than $150 for BOTH WALLS. And scene.
This bad boy was just chillin’ out on the sidewalk:
I’m sorry? But shut the F&%K YOU– are you kidding me with this mid century pristine condition all wood flawless fine-a$$ free shiot right now?! Read the rest of this entry »
Previously on Blog-A-Dazzle, y’all were absolutely enraptured by my use of washi and artist tape in creating a collage/gallery wall for Carly’s dressing room (that post here). There was an absolute frenzy of comments, concerns, quips…and then it went viral and shiot got REAL. I’ve been deluged with calls concerning inventory levels of washi and artist tape at various retailers. Even the manufacturers are concerned about keeping up with all this demand…but, whateve’s, that’s not gonna stop me from continuing on with even MORE scrumptious tape DIY action…y’all need to be satiated– if that’s EVEN POSSIBLE?! IS IT? Let’s find out! Read the rest of this entry »
Y’all SO EXCITED to share that Carly Hughes (@carlyhughes101 & @carlyt101) has a fab photo pictorial of a ‘typical’ two-day show as the new Leading Player in Pippin on Playbill.com
AND there’s some HAWT shots of her dressing room I did!!! #dressingroomdreamzzz
Look at ALL THE LOVELY?!?
Be sure to check her full feature on Playbill through the link above!!! This lady is a Star, yall!!! GO see her & this incredible show!!! Happy Friday!
And this vintage brass horse head lamp HAWTNESS was just waiting to be scooped up:
Imagine this lovely with a black linen or paper drum shade? Like this: Read the rest of this entry »
Last week I helped my fab friend & actress Carly Hughes (@CarlyT101 & @CarlyHughes101) chic up her dressing room. Carly’s the new Leading Player in Pippin on Broadway– amaze– so PROUD of her! Go see her and the entire cast in this INCREDIBLE SHOW! This atrociousness was what we inherited:
One of my fav things is to take an old frame and repurpose it into a bulletin board. When my friend Disa landed a hawt new executrix job with a new office, I wanted to give her something that would not only warm up the place but would hopefully inspire her everyday to becoming America’s Next Top Model…or something like it. You know how we do.
Here’s the frame I found: